With summer officially upon us, it’s important to remember your home’s safety while you’re on vacation or visiting the grandparents for the weekend. Thieves understand that with you not home, it is easier to break into your home without ramifications or risks. This makes summer one of the worst times for home break ins. Don’t make yourself a willing victim, do everything you can to prevent home invasion. There are some simple tips you can take into consideration to keep your home safe from harm while you’re away.
1) Stop mail and newspaper delivery
2) Place lights and radio on timers to go on and off occasionally
3) Arrange to have a neighbor check on your home sometimes
4) Lock all the doors, windows and vehicles
5) Make sure expensive items are out of view
6) Activate your alarm and alert your alarm company that you’ll be away
Do you have any other tips that you use while you’re away? We’d love to hear about them. We’re always on the look out for good DIY tips for protecting your home and your family on a budget.
Just a few simple steps will make you less vulnerable to break-ins and will make you feel safer while you’re away on summer vacation enjoying yourself!